Friday, December 24, 2010

Birthday #24

As far as birthdays go, mine has never been particularly special. Sharing a timeline with the J-man creates obvious scheduling conflicts and then there's always the unfortunate weather situation. So, these things being considered- I don't usually hold many expectations for any kind of life-altering celebration. However, this year I am proud to say that some of my good friends were there for me. Though nothing crazy exciting happened, I had a really nice time relaxing with some really wonderful company.

At this age it means a lot to me to have friends that I can count on. Though it's somewhat disheartening to realize that some of my friends aren't the type I thought they were- I am lucky to have a few who are the kind you keep. Thanks guys.

With love,

Erin

p.s- I LOVE the gift my parents got me- a beautiful cherry wood double frame with the University of Missouri seal for my diploma and cum laude certificates. I will put up a picture when I get it up in my office!

1 comment:

  1. I hate that I wasn't around to stop you from going to Walmart on your birthday. I'm so glad I at least got to hear your voice. Also, don't worry, I kept with tradition and bought you separate gifts for your birthday and Christmas. Now you just have to wait for me to shop them.

    ReplyDelete