Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Conscious Stream of Thought

I have had so many thoughts today that really stuck with me. I think I'll leave them here to rest so I can go to sleep, and perhaps pick them up again tomorrow.

1. "The opposite of love is not hate, it is apathy. We fight with/for the one's we love because we love them"... I really like this. At one time in my life I actually had this argument with someone I loved. Apathy, or indifference, is like making a decision by not deciding at all.

2. Today shall be marked in history... it is the first day that I got out of bed early enough to go to the gym before work!! For those that really know me, you know this is huge. There are few things I value more than sleep. I met with a trainer at the Y for my free session yesterday and it was motivating and reaffirming. I hope to go again tomorrow morning... wish me luck!

sidenote: The downside of functioning at 5am is forgetting your dress shoes and having to wear dark brown slacks and bright white running shoes all day.

3. Had a couple good moments today at work today, like this:

I was working one on one with a kid and she was stuck in this one spot.

Me: "Hey, do that measure over again and stop making up the notes."
Kid: "It's called improvisation you know"

That is all for now. Time for bed!

1 comment:

  1. YAY MORNING GYM TIME!
    you are awesome. Waking up before teaching to work out is rough times even for someone like me, who does well in the morning. You hate mornings, so you deserve a medal. Keep going and I will make you one. Promise promise.

    ReplyDelete