They say that things just can not grow
beneath the winter snow
or so I have been told
They say we're burried far
just like a distant star
I simply can not hold
I still believe in summer days
the seasons always change
and life will find a way.
I can't believe that my last post was on Halloween. It seems just a week or so ago. Now it is December and rapidly spiraling into the full-blown holiday season. Thanksgiving was just a blur. I think I've always been kind of indifferent to this holiday season, but last year I really started to feel otherwise. I remember last January feeling very refreshed and relieved to start moving forward again. That memory is very present this year.
I know the holiday is with good intent, but I increasingly feel that, in my life at least, it has just become a season of stress. Part of it of course is because of my job... It's concert season! And then there is my birthday, which adds another element. But overall, it's just stressful to go Christmas shopping, to even decide who should/shouldn't you get gifts for, traveling, spending money, eating too much, spending time with all of the necessary people, and having a severe lack of time to fit all of these events in your calendar.
When I think about this time last year I realize that a lot has happened in one year. Logistically there have been various events, but the biggest differences are within myself. I remember feeling very overwhelmed and still unsure about living in Kansas City on my own- and all of the challenges that accompanied those feelings. I still have moments from time to time, but overall I feel much more independent. Life can be scary, but I know now that it is whatever I make it. In the same light, it won't be anything if I don't try.
Just try to relax a bit and enjoy it! I think you are doing awesome in KC, by the way.
ReplyDelete