Sunday, July 31, 2011

Amazing Grace.

Today I am reminded that though there are struggles in my life, there are many people that are significantly less fortunate than I am. I would like to keep this in my consciousness all the time to help motivate me to live up to my potential. It's seems totally ridiculous that I would settle for anything less considering the opportunities available to me that aren't available to everyone. I'm not worried about finding food or shelter. I can pay my bills. I can even afford some luxuries.

I think I am getting a better understanding of the term "stewardship". This was a concept we discussed in Steve's young adult class a while ago and it kind of stuck with me. Stewardship at first seems like the church asking for money and telling you to donate to those less fortunate than you... but it's actually not.

It's a 3 part concept...time, talent, and treasure. I think this is cool because we are all in different situations and we all have different things we can give. For example... I don't have much trea$ure to give at this point in my life, but I have some talents I can share (i.e music, relating to kids). Also though my time is limited, I do feel good about doing productive things for other people when I can. I hope that someday I will be able to incorporate treasure into my donation of time and/or talent, perhaps in the form of a charity like the Save the Music Foundation.

Doesn't this make you feel something good??

No comments:

Post a Comment