Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Send Me the Moon.
Sweet Sun,
Send me the moon,
Empty the skies out,
Bringing me one step closer to you.
I don't know what's going on today, but I'm kind of in a funk. I think it's because my life is getting cluttered as school approaches and summer ends. Perhaps it's because of the hour I spent updating my new planner last night. I went school supply shopping and it was exciting... but a little overwhelming. There is still so much to do. I am DETERMINED to have my classroom 100% set up and all of my plans/procedures finished before school starts. I want to be able to just think about kids when they finally get here.
I think I need to focus on just living in the present. I know that sounds contradictory to what I said in the above paragraph... I just mean that though I need to be prepared for upcoming things, I also need to look around while I'm here. I talked to a friend last week about turning 25 this year. TWENTY-FIVE. I know this is not old. I know I have a long life ahead of me, and that I have the potential to live it to be full and beautiful... But, twenty-five is a grown up number. Not an "early twenties-discovering-who-I-am-kind-of-a-mess" number. I know I pretty much have a grown up life: job, house, etc... but sometimes I don't want it. Being a grown up is exhausting. I feel like every time I accomplish something there is a new challenge 2.5 seconds later. I said this to my Dad once and he chuckled. I think his response was "Yep, that's life baby girl".
I know that I'm not the only young person to think these thoughts. I just thought maybe jotting them down would make my shoulders feel a little lighter. Also, I've decided that tenacity is one of my new favorite words. I feel it encompasses several other qualities that I ideally strive to attain.
tenacious |təˈnā sh əs|
adjective
not readily letting go of, giving up, or separated from an object that one holds, a position, or a principle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment