Today I am feeling rather productive, comparatively with the other snow days... I think this is #8. After showering(which is a pretty big feat on it's own during a snow day), I made breakfast and then went to do some work at the coffee shop around the corner. Well, I had every intention of working, but since their internet was down I had to settle for reading "Girl That Kicked the Hornet's Nest" for 2-3 hours. I am only 25% through it, but so far it's the best yet. It's a pretty serious read though it has little sparks of sarcasm worked in that are delightful. For example...
"As the situation developed, the futility of attempting suicide in the middle of a hospital became apparent." Hilarious.
I've never been interested in reading more than one book at a time, but with all my free time I had to in order to keep the pace set by the book club reading "Annabel". I reached our weekly goal on Monday and we don't go on until this Sunday.
Anyhow- after reading I decided to take Mom's advice and clean my apartment one room at a time. I decided to go with the kitchen and laundry area. The bedroom, living room, and office area won't take long... but my bedroom is not in pretty shape. It's just the fact that I loathe during laundry. Sigh.
I got the call about an hour ago that there will again be no school tomorrow. By the end of tomorrow I would not be surprised if the book was done and my apartment was clean. Then what?? I know my mother's response would be "practice!"... which really is quite a good idea... but I don't have the motivation right now.
I could finally work on my !st year teacher scrapbook... or catalog my music library... or watch movies with Tucker. Most likely the latter.
::Random tangent::
I decided to walk through Crate & Barrel today to see if I could find a b-day gift for a culinary-inclined friend. Oh man. I dream of the day that I can afford to coordinate my entire house in their stuff. It's so gorgeous! Someday...
No comments:
Post a Comment