No school today because it's so cold the buses would not start. How ridiculous is that?? I officially hate the winter. Unless I'm living in a super cool place on the east coast I'd be ok with never meeting winter ever again. Since I was already on my way to work when they called off school I decided to go in anyway and get a few things. While I was there I updated my gradebook and it was depressing. These 2 and 3 day school weeks are killing lesson plans which in turn is killing learning/grades.
The amount of rehearsals until contest is starting to become worrisome for the middle school and the high school. The high school date isnt until the 25th of March but with block scheduling (a.k.a death of fine arts) and spring break there isn't much time. However, Tuesday night was our first evening rehearsal for high school and it went really well. Chris went to the booster meeting while I ran the 2nd half of rehearsal. It was nice to be alone with the kids and establish more of a relationship with them independent from Chris. I was looking forward to rehearsal again tonight, but no school means no rehearsal.
So since I was up at 5:00am and went to work I decided to get a cup of coffee at Panera and catch up on emails, Glee, and important things of that nature. It's strange being here during normal working hours. People are either in full out business dress or sweatpants/camo. (Sidenote: Camo is never an acceptable fashion statement outside of the forest). Since I'm dressed for work I fall into the first category, which seems so strange. Sometimes it still feels unreal that somehow I turned 24 and have started my career job. Life is funny like that.
I'm sorry the winter is ruining your life slash school. Too many snow days can definitely mess up education, I feel sorry for those kids who are missing out on practice time!
ReplyDeleteps- when did you get this new background. I like it a lot.
Snow sucks, but yes, this background rocks. I changed it this morning.
ReplyDelete