Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Look at me Now

The last post was about words, this one is about looks. It's interesting how much you can communicate just by giving someone direct eye contact.

In the teaching world it's a huge thing to look a child in the eye on their level to show that you are listening and that you care. I think that's important for parenting as well. On a personal level I think we all want at some point for someone to purposefully look us in the eye and ask how we are doing. I know that I do. Sometimes it feels like I am never standing still long enough to think about it- so when someone intentionally pulls me in for a hug and says "how are you??" it really means a lot to me. I am lucky that I can say there are more people in my life at this point this year than the last. All in all I think I've made myself a little niche in Kansas City. It's pretty eclectic and a little bit unconventional... but it suits me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment