Thursday, August 18, 2011

Keep Breathing.

I can't believe school started just yesterday. It seems like life has picked up the pace and is now running full speed ahead. I've been trying desperately to commit to being more organized... but I just can't do it. Organized chaos is more my style. I'm hoping that having a legit plan period this year will help me compromise.

All in all things are going pretty well. I am having a good time being with kids again. It's awesome that being on my podium in front of my kids feels so comfortable. It just fits. A new challenge this year is that I have an advisory class of 30ish kids that aren't of the musical variety. It's almost movie-worthy how many different stereotypes I've got in there. I felt pretty good today because I seem to be making connections with a lot of them.

I'm hoping that by the end of next week I will be able to determine some sort of routine and stop running at rocket speed. I will of course be busy, but hopefully I'll be able to accurately estimate time commitments and find some balance.

Word of the week: Balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment