So despite today's gloomy, overcast weather and dreaded professional development meetings, it was actually quite a good day. I woke up early and felt amazing after 8.5 hours of sleep. I need to do this more often. I would probably also benefit from taking some vitamins (right mom?).
I think that the well-rested factor had a lot to do with my calm reaction to a few surprises today. For example- when I realized that Tucker raided the trash can overnight and ate a pound of week old raw chicken. Long story short, the vet said he's a champ if he wasn't sick by morning. Another fun surprise- the 8th grade basketball tournament is the same night as my winter concert. Not okay. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix this yet- but there has to be a solution. This is our one special night per semester, there are many basketball games, and many basketball players. I will not sacrifice my only bari sax player.
After school I spent 2 hours getting pep band music copied and organized. I'm pumped for our official debut a week from Monday! I have my fingers crossed that our t-shirts come in on time.
Tomorrow Tucker and I are off to Columbia. Saturday is the 2nd field trip with the HS kids to an MU game, but I'm also making it a mini vacation to see friends since Chris nicely volunteered to take the bus with the kiddos. It will be nice to see familiar faces and get to act my age for a bit. It will also be nice for Tucker to hang out with his BFF, Charley! (College friend's chocolate lab).
Now I think I'll get comfy and sharpen all 130 pencils I bought for my students while I wait for Grey's. I know, I know, my life is pretty exciting.
Tucker is a machine. I bet he could eat a live chicken and not get sick. However, he would never do that, he would be too busy leaping happily around it, trying to get it to play with him.
ReplyDeleteSo THAT'S how you dropped the sharpener in your pudding.
ReplyDelete