Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hell Week Recap.

This week was definitely a test. If I didn't love this job I would have quit around Wednesday. Rehearsals after school until 10:30pm every night, then performances all weekend, plus district auditions Saturday, 2 angry parent phone calls, 1 angry parent meeting, 1 post ob. meeting, very, very angry eyes after my contacts attacked me (zombie eyes!)and a very lonely puppy at home.

On the bright side...
I've got great neighbors that let Tucker out when I was gone, and even came to see the musical on opening night. I took 8 kids to audition and 3 made the band and 2 more received honorable mention awards. Not bad my first year here. One of the high school kids that I've been coaching for auditions since august made 8th chair honorable mention. That means that she ranked 19th out of approx. 90 trumpet players that day. This is good stuff.

I am looking forward to this coming week and a little bit of normalcy. No more morning rehearsal except pep band on Friday!

Monday- private lessons, instrument try-out night
Tues- Friday- ??? Perhaps being home to cook dinner and watch primetime television? Yesss.

No comments:

Post a Comment