Friday, October 15, 2010

TGIF.

Good God, today was ridiculous. It seems like a strange coincidence that the day I actually wake up early and in a great mood which continues into a positive outlook on teaching, is the day that at least one kid in EVERY class decides to have some sort of meltdown. Coincidence or not I'm glad it worked out this way because I miraculously avoided conflict with these kids and managed to talk them down for the most part. The biggest struggle was young man in ISS who refused to work. Then he lied about chewing gum/spitting it out and the process went in circles. I was starting to get annoyed and if it were my own child I know I would have just screamed. However, I went with the B.I.S.T approach( for the non-teachers- it's just a behavior management program that entails asking them a zillion questions until they're compliant)... and it finally wore him down.

On the bright side... the past few days my kids have done some pretty amusing things. Earlier this week I was bantering with one of my fav kids and when I jokingly shouted at her "Jordan, get out!! (of my office)..) she yelled "MOM!!.. I mean.. Miss H..." . We both immediately busted out laughing. Since I am not really old enough to own my own twelve year old I've decided to take it as a compliment. Next... on Wednesday a bunch of kids were crowding around my white board after class. I went to check it out and one of them informed me that they were writing out the "lyrics" to the song we just played. It looked like this:

bah, bah bah bi- dum dum- ba ba da ba da bum bum-

Priceless.

2 comments:

  1. "to own my own 12 year old" Oh Airron, you can't purchase children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you make that decision though- legally they're yours. That's pretty much ownership.

    ReplyDelete