Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Make It or Break It.

The past 2 days I've been adjudicating chair placement auditions at the high school. Today alone I listened to 47 kids and we have another full evening tomorrow. Some of them are quite prepared and overall very impressive. Many of them are terrified by the entire process. I can't say that I enjoy auditioning, but I'm glad it starts young.

Listening to kids play makes me want to play my own horn. I've decided that I enjoy teaching very much, but that my alliance will always be with music. I miss playing in an ensemble. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for that problem right now. It either breaks down to time or distance.

Auditions tomorrow night. Marching band Thursday night. Pancake supper fundraiser Friday night. MU field trip all day Saturday.

Random complaint::

I HATE that teaching hours are the same as business hours, but I can't just pick up the phone or run an errand on my "lunch break". I've been trying to schedule a dentist and vision appt. for a week now but the office is closed by the time I'm available to call. I've been wearing the same contacts since July and I haven't been to the dentist in 2 years. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment