This is the first entire week all summer that I have absolutely no obligations, particularaly pertaining to some form of employment, thus I shall call it- vacation. It started on Saturday when my good friend the Scientist visited from the Lou. We had a very productive day of doing absolutely nothing. Sunday I spent 90% of the day on the couch with Tucker enjoying our first day with cable. Monday was CRAZY busy with errands- but I made some major improvements on the decor of my home. I've decided to try my hand at gardening... I'll be honest, with the heat I'm not optomistic. Today I did some bills and may go to a couple thrift stores on the way to undoubtedly argue with Sprint. Tomorrow I hope to paint my painfully purple wall and Thursday it's time to go to work in the classroom.
I know you may be thinking- errands, bills, arguing... how is this vacation?? Well, it's not. It's just life. However, here is what makes it vacation:
1. I plan to be home in time for primetime television every single night.
2. I baked a cake just for myself.
3. At some point I plan to visit the pool.
4. I get to spend many hours a day with my main man, Tucker.
5. I can wear my pajamas all day if I so choose.
6. I can sleep in and/or stay up late.
7. I don't have to leave my house if I decide not to. (think: band camp)
I am grateful for this week to get my life together. Next week is full of meetings and the following week school starts. I am really excited for these things but also very aware how much free time I may or may not have henceforth. Free time or not I think I will be happy. Band camp went really well last week. I really enjoy working with the other director and the kids were great. Hopefully there will be more of this warm and fuzzy stuff to come...
Do I get a cool code name? I want a code name!
ReplyDeleteAlso- I support eating cake in your pajamas while watching primetime television. What was the paradise we described once? Reading a good book on the beach while eating coffee ice cream? Try to get as close to that as possible. And get a cave with some goats, for old times sake.
Oh, the goat cave! and you already have a code name- duh. Unless you want something new and more anonymous.
ReplyDelete